[Rd] Missing y label

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Sep 1 21:58:49 CEST 2017

On 1 September 2017 at 14:28, Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. wrote:
| Martin,
|    Thanks for taking a quick look.  Yes it looks like it must be something local.
| I've done the following to make sure I have a clean box:
|    reboot
|    sudo apt-get update
|    sudo apt-get upgrade
|
| Rerun the "svn up" command and do a
|     make distclean
|     svn up
|     tools/rsync-recommended
|     ./configure
|     make
|
| The problem persists in 2017-09-01 r73179
| I pulled the source code for 3.4-1 and compiled it, the problem persists.
|
| I then did sudo apt-get install R, which installs version 3.2.3 on the machine.  The plots
| work as expected there.

Read the fine README here:  https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README.html
Similar one for Debian at   https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/

Many of us have been using R from CRAN on Ubuntu and Debian for many years,
and many update cycles.  I try hard to get new R versions into Debian the
morning of the release [1] and Michael and Johannes usually produce binary
for the mirrors within a day or two too. On this box still running 16.10:

edd at bud:~$ apt-cache policy r-base-core
r-base-core:
  Installed: 3.4.1-2yakkety0
  Candidate: 3.4.1-2yakkety0
  Version table:
 *** 3.4.1-2yakkety0 500
        500 https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu yakkety/ Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     3.4.1-1yakkety0 500
        500 https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu yakkety/ Packages
     3.4.0-1yakkety0 500
        500 https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu yakkety/ Packages
     3.3.3-1yakkety0 500
        500 https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu yakkety/ Packages
     3.3.2-1yakkety0 500
        500 https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu yakkety/ Packages
     3.3.1-1build1 500
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu yakkety/universe amd64 Packages
edd at bud:~$

Dirk

[1] And once every couple of years I get to do it on a high-speed train...

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org