[Rd] Missing y label

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therneau at mayo.edu
Fri Sep 1 22:50:44 CEST 2017

I did read that fine file.
I added the following line to my /etc/apt/sources.list file:

tmt-local2023% tail -2 /etc/apt/sources.list
# R sources
deb https://mirror.las.iastate.edu/bin/linux/ubuntu xenial/

Here is what apt says on my machine

tmt-local2024% apt-cache policy r-base-core r-base-core: Installed: 3.2.3-4 Candidate:
3.2.3-4 Version table: *** 3.2.3-4 500 500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
xenial/universe amd64 Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status My long term habit is to stick to
LTS versions, which currently is 16.04: "still running 16.10" is a different outlook. The
system admins here tend to be more conservative than me. Again, thanks for any input.
Getting this particular box straightened out quickly isn't critical, but I would like to
understand the root of the issue. Terry T.

On 09/01/2017 02:58 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Read the fine README here:https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README.html
> Similar one for Debian athttps://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/
>
> Many of us have been using R from CRAN on Ubuntu and Debian for many years,
> and many update cycles.  I try hard to get new R versions into Debian the
> morning of the release [1] and Michael and Johannes usually produce binary
> for the mirrors within a day or two too. On this box still running 16.10:
>
> edd at bud:~$ apt-cache policy r-base-core
> r-base-core:
>    Installed: 3.4.1-2yakkety0
>    Candidate: 3.4.1-2yakkety0
>    Version table: