[Rd] validspamobject?

Ronald Barry rpb@rry @ending from @l@@k@@edu
Sat Aug 18 21:47:02 CEST 2018

Hi,
  I have submitted an updated R package to CRAN, the only problem seems to
be the examples take too long to run on Windows and Debian.  Several
examples take over 10 seconds and the entire set takes around 110 seconds.
However, I don't see what the 'target' amount of time is.  How much will
this need to be sped up to pass the test?  Also, are there some tricks to
speeding up examples that you have seen?  For instance, is it possible to
have the identical example in two help files but only have them run once
(other than the obvious, which is putting a 'do not run' on one of them,
which would seem to invite possible bad code)?  Thanks for any information.

Ron Barry

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 4:56 PM, Ronald Barry <rpbarry using alaska.edu> wrote:

> Greetings,
>   My R package has been showing warnings of the form:
>
> `validspamobject()` is deprecated. Use `validate_spam()` directly
>
> None of my code uses the function validspamobject, so it must be a problem
> in another package I'm calling, possibly spam or spdep.  Has this problem
> occurred with other people?  It doesn't have any deleterious effect, but
> it's annoying.  In particular, how do I determine which package is causing
> this warning?  Thanks.
>
> Ron B.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]