[Rd] Documentation examples for lm and glm

Fox, John jfox @ending from mcm@@ter@c@
Mon Dec 17 15:33:27 CET 2018

Dear Steve,

Since this relates as well to the message I posted a couple of minutes before yours, I agree that it’s possible to phrase “best practices” too categorically. In the current case, I believe that it’s reasonable to say that specifying the data argument is “generally” or “usually” the best option. That doesn’t rule out exceptions.

Best,
 John

  John Fox, Professor Emeritus
  McMaster University