[Rd] OfficeScan deletes Rterm as malware

Roland Fuß rol@nd@fu@@ @ending from thuenen@de
Thu Dec 20 14:29:39 CET 2018

I'm not sure if the problem is actually with R but thought I should

After Peter's email regarding the R 3.5.2 release today, I installed the
Windows version right away (directly from CRAN and not from a mirror).

Unfortunately, my institute's AV sofware TrendMicro OfficeScan 12.0.5147
Service Pack 1 stops and deletes Rterm.exe when running Rcmd.exe INSTALL
with a local source package. It reports "OfficeScan detected a Behavior
Monitoring policy violation and blocked the offending process(es)." and
"Unauthorized File Encryption" by Rterm.exe.

I've deinstalled R 3.5.2 for now and switched back to 3.5.1, which works
fine.

Best,

Roland Fuß