[Rd] makeCluster Stall on 32-bit Windows

Dario Strbenac d@tr7320 @ending from uni@@ydney@edu@@u
Fri Jun 15 13:00:17 CEST 2018

Good day,

The problem happens when using the makeCluster function from either parallel or snow packages. I do not see a dialog box appear regarding Windows Firewall. Turning off the firewall doesn't resolve the issue. I originally experienced this issue while using bplapply defined in BiocParallel and was recommended to ask on r-devel mailing list since bplapply utilises makeCluster. CRAN only checks 64-bit computers, so it might not have been checked on a 32-bit computer.