[Rd] R evolution suggestion request

neonira Arinoem neon|r@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jul 26 22:44:58 CEST 2019

Good evening R devel mailing list.

Just wonder if there is a way to ask for an evolution of the R language. In
affirmative case, let me know.

I use R for now many years, and still like it very much. It evolves quite
smoothly and improves well. Nevertheless, there is one topic that I still
miss in R language.

It is pure native R annotation, I mean à la java. I wish to have an @
operator available a R language level to create/embed real code
annotations. Currently, the best I can get is to use a trick of hiding such
thing behind a comment. Neither good, not the right way, as comments are
comments, and annotations are annotations. They must be distinguished and
distinguish-able immediately, both for humans and code parsers.

Could you tell me, who should I get in touch with to share and promote this
need, that I believe, could bring a new frontier to R, and could generate a
lot of benefits for R users community.

Best regards.
Fabien GELINEAU, a.k.a Neonira

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]