[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom prod@y@e@com
Wed Jun 26 16:34:46 CEST 2019

Hello, All:

       What's the status and future plans for R-Forge?

       I ask primarily because a problem I reported May 15 and 17 via
two different channels has yet to be fixed, and it prevents my
development versions of the Ecdat and Ecfun packages from building --
because the Windows version cannot find "Matrix";  see below.
Secondarily, the version of R that R-Forge tried to use earlier today
was 3.5.3 -- NOT the current version.

       Assuming you recommend migrating to GitHub, do you have a
preferred procedure?  I found
"https://gist.github.com/friendly/7269490".  This says it was "Last
active 2 years ago" but seems to be the most current advice I can find
on this right now.  That looks complicated, but I assume it preserves
the edit history on R-Forge. ???

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves