[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Lionel Henry ||one| @end|ng |rom r@tud|o@com
Wed Jun 26 17:35:21 CEST 2019

> On 26 Jun 2019, at 17:25, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> R-Forge is mirrored on Github; see https://github.com/rforge/ecdat, for example.  That shows 418 commits in its history; presumably that's the full R-forge history.  I think that's newer than Michael Friendly's gist.
>
> So I suspect (but haven't tried to do this) that migration now is as simple as doing a Github fork to your own Github account, and then basically forgetting about the R-forge stuff, or deleting it (and I don't know how to do that).

I think it's better to avoid the Fork button in this case, because forks are
treated specially in the Github UI. In this case you'll want your repo to
appear as a main repo, and not a fork. AFAIK the only way to unfork a repo
is to ask the Github staff to do it.

So instead of forking, use the "+" button on github.com and select
"Import a repository". This supports both git and svn repos.

Best,
Lionel