[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Henrik Singmann @|ngm@nn @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 28 10:14:36 CEST 2019

Re your point 3: Because you have managed to create a GitHub version of
your repository that is not a fork of https://github.com/rforge/ecdat, but
its own independent repository, contacting GitHub support might not be the
right way forward. Note that https://github.com/rforge is simply a
read-only mirror of the complete R-Forge repository (and at least to me it
is unclear of whether GitHub itself or some independent party is
responsible for it, but I would assume it is not GitHub). So the easiest
way to change something in https://github.com/rforge/ecdat would be to make
the corresponding change in your R-forge repository and wait until it
propagates to GitHub.

So either delete the R-forge repository or make a final commit replacing
its content with a README pointing towards the new GitHub repo at
https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat. Together with emailing all  previous
project members this should ensure that interested party will know about
the new place where your package is being developed/hosted.

You might also want to add a new README to the new GitHub repository which
replaces the current R-forge one and provides installation instructions.

Best,
Henrik

--
Dr. Henrik Singmann
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology
University of Warwick, UK
http://singmann.org

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]