[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom prod@y@e@com
Fri Jun 28 07:00:56 CEST 2019

Hi, Henrik Singmann et al.:

       Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried again to pull
"https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat" from R-Forge, with the same
"Error 500" as before.  Then I tried pulling from
"https://github.com/rforge/ecdat", which seemed to work ... AND the copy
I pulled was at the latest revisions I had posted to R-Forge (520), so
that makes it easier going forward.

       What do you suggest I do next?  I'm thinking of the following:

             1.  Clone a copy of "https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat"
to my local computer and confirm that it works.

             2.  Modify "https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/ecdat/"
to make me the only remaining project member, if I can.

             3.  Contact GitHub support and ask them if they can delete
"https://github.com/rforge/ecdat", because it is an orphan with 0
contributors, and anyone who might want it should be referred to
"https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat".

              4.  Email all the previous project members on
"https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/ecdat/" to tell them what I've
done, in case they want to do anything more with this in the future.

       I believe I know how to do 1, 2, and 4, and I can probably figure
out 3.  However, before I start on this, I felt a need to thank everyone
who contributed to this thread and invite comments, especially if
someone thinks I might be better off doing something different.

       Spencer Graves