[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Henrik Singmann @|ngm@nn @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 26 23:34:51 CEST 2019

Whereas it is true that one has to contact GitHub to detach a GitHub
repository, it really is no problem (or at least was no problem in 2016). I
wanted to do so when I took over the maintainer role of LaplacesDemon which
only remained on GitHub as a fork on some other person's private account.
So I forked and then contacted GitHub support and simply asked them to
remove the "forked form" reference on my new repository. They then quickly
detached my repository. As you can see, the "forked from" is gone:
https://github.com/LaplacesDemonR/LaplacesDemon

In their response to my request they used the phrasing "Fork is detached."
which suggests that this is their preferred term for this step.

Best,
Henrik

Am Mi., 26. Juni 2019 um 16:38 Uhr schrieb Lionel Henry <lionel using rstudio.com