[Rd] [External] Missing function Rf_findFun3

Laurent Gautier |g@ut|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Sep 8 16:39:10 CEST 2019

I am not using the C API from a package but with an embedded R.

Why have it declared in the include/ if it cannot be accessed then?

Best,

Laurent

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019, 8:27 AM Tierney, Luke <luke-tierney using uiowa.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Sep 2019, Laurent Gautier wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > The function `Rf_findFun3` is declared in
> > `$(R CMD CONFIG HOME)/lib/R/include/Rinternals.h`
> > but appears to be missing from R's shared library (R.so).
> >
> > Is this an oversight?
>
> No. This is not part of the API supported for use in packages.
>
> Best,
>
> luke
>

> > Best,
> >
> > Laurent

> --
> Luke Tierney
> Ralph E. Wareham Professor of Mathematical Sciences
> University of Iowa                  Phone:             319-335-3386
> Department of Statistics and        Fax:               319-335-3017
>     Actuarial Science
> 241 Schaeffer Hall                  email:   luke-tierney using uiowa.edu
> Iowa City, IA 52242                 WWW:  http://www.stat.uiowa.edu

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]