[Rd] [External] Missing function Rf_findFun3

Tierney, Luke |uke-t|erney @end|ng |rom u|ow@@edu
Mon Sep 9 00:13:28 CEST 2019

On Sun, 8 Sep 2019, Laurent Gautier wrote:

> I am not using the C API from a package but with an embedded R.

Same rules apply.

> Why have it declared in the include/ if it cannot be accessed then?

Rinternals.h is used by R internally, as the name suggests. Only a
small fraction of the things declared there are part of the API.

Would it be better to separate out the things that are in the API into
a separate header? Probably. Would doing this be a good use of our
limited time resources? Probably not. Would doing this prevent people
from using things they shouldn't? Not likely.

Best,

luke

--
Luke Tierney