[Rd] New pipe operator

Hiroaki Yutani yut@n|@|n| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 4 14:13:46 CET 2020

>  Error: function '::' not supported in RHS call of a pipe

To me, this error looks much more friendly than magrittr's error.
Some of them got too used to specify functions without (). This
is OK until they use `::`, but when they need to use it, it takes
hours to figure out why

mtcars %>% base::head
#> Error in .::base : unused argument (head)

won't work but

mtcars %>% head

works. I think this is a too harsh lesson for ordinary R users to
learn `::` is a function. I've been wanting for magrittr to drop the
support for a function name without () to avoid this confusion,
so I would very much welcome the new pipe operator's behavior.
Thank you all the developers who implemented this!

Best,
Hiroaki Yutani