[Rd] On Windows, need external access to the BLAS, LAPACK and LINPACK linear algebra functions included in R

Andre Mikulec @ndre_m|ku|ec @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Mon Dec 21 01:20:35 CET 2020

Hi,

For my use, outside of the R environment, I am trying access the
BLAS, LAPACK and LINPACK linear algebra functions included in R

I am following the instructions here . . .

6.17 Using these functions in your own C code
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Standalone-Mathlib
AND
9.1 Unix-alike
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Unix_002dalike-standalone

to get . . .

6.7 Numerical analysis subroutines
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Numerical-analysis-subroutines

However, when I run configure, I (eventually) get this error, and configure stops . . .

```
ComputerUser using COMPUTER MINGW64 /c/APPLICATIONS/r-source-R-4-0-branch
$ ./configure --with-x=no

checking for BSD networking... configure: error: BSD networking functions are required
```

What do I need to do next?

Thanks,
Andre Mikulec