[Rd] On Windows, need external access to the BLAS, LAPACK and LINPACK linear algebra functions included in R

Mon Dec 21 08:27:58 CET 2020

Hello Andre Mikulec!

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 00:20:35 +0000
Andre Mikulec <andre_mikulec using hotmail.com> wrote:

> ComputerUser using COMPUTER MINGW64 /c/APPLICATIONS/r-source-R-4-0-branch
>
> checking for BSD networking... configure: error: BSD networking
> functions are required
>
> What do I need to do next?

MinGW64 seems to be not sufficiently Unix-alike for ./configure to
conclude that it has sockets API (WinSock header names and some type
definitions are different from its expectations). You seem to be on
Windows. What happens if you follow the Windows workflow from the next
section?

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Windows-standalone

Apologies if I'm missing some context, but it seems to me that the
Windows workflow is what's needed here.

--
Best regards,
Ivan