[Rd] tcltk image reading problem (on a mac?): [tcl] encountered an unsupported criticial chunk type "eXIf"

Wayne Oldford rwo|d|ord @end|ng |rom uw@ter|oo@c@
Fri Jun 12 02:24:00 CEST 2020

I don't know what has changed with Catalina

But I just tried my tk console from the shell command tkcon
And got the following error.
Here is my shell:

$ tkcon

  dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib:/opt/X11/lib/libtk8.6.dylib
      Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/wish
      Reason: image not found
    Abort trap: 6

I don't know whether this is a red herring or not, but the
Console fails to boot.

John does it work for you?

Not sure whether Python has the same trouble.  Kind of old info at https://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/