[Rd] tcltk image reading problem (on a mac?): [tcl] encountered an unsupported criticial chunk type "eXIf"

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Fri Jun 12 03:00:09 CEST 2020

Wayne,

that one is unrelated, but interesting - you can fix it with

sudo install_name_tool -change \
  /usr/local/lib:/opt/X11/lib/libtk8.6.dylib \
  /usr/local/lib/libtk8.6.dylib \
  /usr/local/bin/wish8.6

There is a bug in tcltk with IDs on the libraries which I have worked-around for R, but not for wish.

Back to the original question - do you have any example of a file that doesn't work so I could test? Exif chunks are fairly rare in PNG and are a more late extension so I couldn't find any examples.

Thanks,
Simon