[Rd] tcltk image reading problem (on a mac?): [tcl] encountered an unsupported criticial chunk type "eXIf"

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Fri Jun 12 03:14:53 CEST 2020

Some googling suggests that this is an issue in tcltk which doesn't support png files with Exif tags. Are you sure this ever worked? This doesn't seem to be related to the macOS version since it's a feature tcltk, not the system.

I had no issue using the png package, so you could simply remove any offending chunks with

writePNG("test.png",readPNG("exIf.png", TRUE,TRUE))

then the output work with tcltk.

Cheers,
Simon