[Rd] findInterval Documentation Suggestion

brodie gaslam brod|e@g@@|@m @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Fri Mar 6 15:17:37 CET 2020

 > On Friday, March 6, 2020, 8:56:54 AM EST, Martin Maechler <maechler using stat.math.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Note that the  * -> LaTex -> PDF rendered version looks a bitnicer.

Ah yes, that does indeed look quite a bit nicer.

> I wrote the function and that help page originally.

And thank you for doing so. It is a wonderful function.
(0 sarcasm here).

> For that reason, replacing the well defined precise
> inequality-based definition by *much* less precise English prosa
> is out of the question.

I figured that might be an issue.  Would you be open to
providing a prose translation, but putting that in the
details? If so, it would be useful to get feedback on
what parts of the prose I proposed are imprecise enough
to be incorrect/incomplete for some corner case.

Finally, would it make sense to move this discussion to
bugzilla?

Best,

Brodie.