[Rd] contribution to package graphics::barplot

ir@@cois@reb@udo m@iii@g oii ird@ir ir@@cois@reb@udo m@iii@g oii ird@ir
Wed Mar 25 15:47:45 CET 2020

Dear R-devel members,
I made a small modification in the graphics::barplot function when used with a matrix and beside argument set to false in order to be able to order each bar according to its value (from smaller to bigger or bigger to smaller), while keeping the colors. It may be of general interest (for example to be able to visualize the occurrences of letters from different texts, or the rank of a condition...). I used it in Figure 3 of one of my article here (http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/eea.12693).
I would like to ask you if it's worth proposing the modification to the barplot function (and how to do so ?) or if I should consider building a separate R package ? The modified function is attached with modifications from lines 119 and 170, and examples from lines 230.
Thanks in advance,
Best regards