[Rd] usage of #import in grDevices/src/qdCocoa.h

Michael Chirico m|ch@e|ch|r|co4 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 19 06:01:24 CEST 2020

I happened to notice that this header file uses

#import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>

This is the first time I came across the preprocessor directive #import;
the first thing I found about it is this Q&A suggesting it's not portable
nor standard C:

https://stackoverflow.com/q/39280248/3576984

On the other hand, this exact invocation seems pretty common on GitHub

https://github.com/search?l=C&q=%22%23import+%3CCocoa%2FCocoa.h%3E%22&type=Code

I don't see much in the way of relevant documentation for Cocoa besides
stuff like this page from 2001:

http://cocoadevcentral.com/articles/000031.php

Is this something that should be updated to use #include? Other packages
appear to have done so, e.g. from GitHub:

https://github.com/search?q=%22%23include+cocoa%2Fcocoa.h%22&type=code

Michael Chirico

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]