[Rd] usage of #import in grDevices/src/qdCocoa.h

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 19 08:10:28 CEST 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 5:02 AM Michael Chirico
<michaelchirico4 using gmail.com> wrote:

> I happened to notice that this header file uses
>
> #import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>
>
> This is the first time I came across the preprocessor directive #import;
> the first thing I found about it is this Q&A suggesting it's not portable
> nor standard C:

The Cocoa API is in Objective-C and #import is part of Objective-C.

[...]
> I don't see much in the way of relevant documentation for Cocoa besides
> stuff like this page from 2001:

Apple has the Cocoa docs, e.g. at
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/foundation

Gabor