[Rd] Is there any way to check the class of an ALTREP?

Jiefei Wang @zwj|08 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 19 14:37:11 CEST 2020

Thank Denes for the clarification, glad to see my package got one citation
from my own question:) Also, thank Benjamin
for sending many useful documents.

Actually, the question is related to the SharedObject package that Benjamin
has pointed to. I wanna
avoid sharing an object that has already been shared, so I need to check
whether an object is an ALTREP
that is defined in my package. Since the ALTREP definition involves an `
R_altrep_class_t` object and a
 class name, I will expect to see a method defined in R to retrieve such
information. I hope this can clarify my question.

Best,
Jiefei