[Rd] Is there any way to check the class of an ALTREP?

Jiefei Wang @zwj|08 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 19 16:05:52 CEST 2020

Hi all,

By looking at the implementation of R's wrapper. I found a function `
R_altrep_inherits` that can check whether an object belongs to an ALTREP
class. Even though it is a little different from what I am looking for, but
it should be satisfactory for my purpose. I will suspect there is no such
function in R to get the class of an ALTREP object for the SEXP struct is
very compact and this less-important information might not be stored when
an ALTREP object is created.

Best,
Jiefei