[Rd] Rprofile.site function or variable definitions break with R 4.1

Thu Aug 12 21:40:11 CEST 2021

On 12 August 2021 at 15:19, Andrew Piskorski wrote:
| Ok, but what's the recommended way to actually USE Rprofile.site now?
| Should I move all my local configuration into a special package, and
| do nothing in Rprofile.site except require() that package?

Exactly as before. I set my mirror as I have before and nothing changes

  ## We set the cloud mirror, which is 'network-close' to everybody, as default
  local({
      r <- getOption("repos")
      r["CRAN"] <- "https://cloud.r-project.org"
      options(repos = r)
  })

I cannot help but think that you are shooting the messenger (here
Rprofile.site) for an actual behaviour change in R itself ?

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org