[Rd] Rprofile.site function or variable definitions break with R 4.1

Gabriel Becker g@bembecker @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Aug 12 22:09:37 CEST 2021

Hi Andrew and Dirk,

The other question to think about is what was your Rprofile.site doing
before. We can infer from this error that apparently it was defining things
*in the namespace for the base package*. How often is that actually what
you wanted it to do/a good idea?

I haven't played around with it, as I don't use Rprofile.site to actually
create/assign object only, like Dirk, set options or option-adjacent things
(such as .libPaths), but I imagine you could get it to put things into the
global environment or attach a special "local config" entry to the search
path an put things there, if you so desired.

Best,
~G