[Rd] Possible x11 window manager window aggregation under one icon?

Mon Mar 22 22:57:48 CET 2021

On 23 March 2021 at 00:01, Ivan Krylov wrote:
| The surrounding code and
| <https://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/ICC/client-to-window-manager/wm-hints.html>
| proved to be enough of an example. The following patch makes it
| possible to group x11() windows on my PC with Xfce running:

[...]

| Some very limited testing didn't seem to uncover any problems.

Woot woot -- works here too under Ubuntu 20.10 / Gnome / Unity.

I applied the adorably small patch to the usual checkout I keep of r-devel
(as an incremental build is faster than a full package build of r-release).

You are my hero. Next round of hot or cold beverages is on me. Already looks
so much better. I may put this into the next 4.0.5 (or 4.1.0 at the latest)
for Debian and Ubuntu (but will instrument a proper new r-base package and
hit it for a few days first).

Do you want to send a proper patch to bugzilla?

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org