[Rd] Possible x11 window manager window aggregation under one icon?

Tue Mar 23 15:38:06 CET 2021

On 23 March 2021 at 17:13, Ivan Krylov wrote:
| В Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:58:49 -0500
| Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> пишет:
|
| > I still ship /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/rlogo_icon.png which
| > is from the 2012 patch, and I vaguely recall the .desktop file being
| > unhappy without it. Re-creating a 48x48 from the svg may do.
|
| I think you could even link /usr/share/R/doc/html/Rlogo.svg
| into /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/rlogo_icon.svg to let GNOME
| and others draw an arbitrarily high-resolution icon if the display
| permits that, but a 48x48 bitmap is still required:
|
| https://specifications.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec-latest.html#install_icons

Yes, had the same idea earlier and tried it, with the original Rlogo.svg
copied in there under that name -- but I got an 'empty' icon displayed :-/
(I had also removed the png "to be sure", your more careful suggests it is
needed as a fallback.)

When I follow your suggestion to use both it works with new logo (yay) with
the only minor drawback ... that the white background shows whereas all other
logos are using transparent background.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org