[Rd] Mismatch between the Rconsole file and the RGui Configuration editor

Paulo Barata pb @end|ng |rom |n|o||nk@com@br
Sat Aug 27 20:46:07 CEST 2022

To the R developers,

In R version 4.2.1 (2022-06-23 ucrt), and also in R version 4.2.1
Patched (2022-08-24 r82762 ucrt), something strange is happening with
the GUI Preferences x Rconsole file. I open the GUI Preferences (RGui
Configuration editor), and I define the number of console rows and
columns, the I click Apply and then I Save the Preferences to the
Rconsole file (which is in the Documents folders of my Windows 10 Pro)
-- I overwrite the existing Rconsole file. Then I close R.

When I open R again, there is always a mismatch between the number of
console rows and columns correctly recorded in the Rconsole file and the
numbers actually shown in the RGui Configuration editor.

If this list allows attachments, the attached PNG image shows the
mismatch between the Rconsole file and the RGui Configuration editor,
just after opening R version 4.2.1 (2022-06-23 ucrt).

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Version 21H2
Installed on 23/‎08/‎2022
OS build 19044.1889
Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-1350 @ 3.30GHz  3.31 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)

R version 4.2.1 (2022-06-23 ucrt) -- "Funny-Looking Kid"
Copyright (C) 2022 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

  > Sys.info()
            sysname           release           version          nodename
          "Windows"          "10 x64"     "build 19044" "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
            machine             login              user    effective_user
           "x86-64"           "XXXXX         "XXXXX"           "XXXXX"
  > win.version()
[1] "Windows 10 x64 (build 19044)"

  > .Platform
$OS.type