[Rd] Mismatch between the Rconsole file and the RGui Configuration editor

Sat Aug 27 21:35:31 CEST 2022

I would guess what is happening is the following.  R reads your file,
and asks the window to resize as you specify.  Then when it is
populating the config editor, it measures the size of the window, and
computes the equivalent number of rows and columns.  The fact that these
numbers don't match suggests that one calculation is for the outer
dimensions of the window (the one that resizes it at the start), and the
other is for the inner dimensions (not including the frame).

This is going to cause problems if you repeatedly start R and save the
config, because the window will keep getting smaller.  But who does that?

If the discrepancy really bothers you, then you could try to figure out
exactly where it occurs by looking at the source file
src/gnuwin32/console.c (or one of the other files in that directory).
The source is mirrored on Github at
https://github.com/wch/r-source/blob/trunk/src/gnuwin32/console.c .

Duncan Murdoch