[Rd] Mismatch between the Rconsole file and the RGui Configuration editor

Paulo Barata pb @end|ng |rom |n|o||nk@com@br
Wed Aug 31 17:58:33 CEST 2022

Dear Tomas,

Thank you for your attention and for the detailed explanation about the
issue with the R Gui.

As you have indicated, I tested R version 4.2.1 Patched (2022-08-30
r82776 ucrt), which I downloaded today. Unfortunately, the mismatch
between the Rconsole file and the GUI preferences continues to happen
here on my computer.

Even if I delete the Rconsole file from the Documents folder in Windows
and save a new Rconsole file, there is that mismatch.

It seems that the GUI editor (and the actual size of the R worspace) is
always a bit smaller that what is recorded in the Rconsole file, that
is, a bit smaller than what I specified for rows and columns. For
instance, if I specified 37 rows and 112 columns, this is what is
recorded in the Rconsole file, but when I open R and go to the Gui
editor, I find 36 rows and 110 columns, and the workspace is clearly
different from my specifications.

I use Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 21H2, installed on
23/‎August/‎2022, build 19044.1889 (this is the latest update for
Windows 10).

As I said before, of course the mismatch does not prevent me of using R,
this could be said to be just a nuisance. But I think that no mismatch
should be happening.

Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Paulo