[Rd] Writing in R // R 4.2.0 on Windows doesn't work with Dasher

Paulo Barata pb @end|ng |rom |n|o||nk@com@br
Sun May 15 19:09:45 CEST 2022

Following Mr. Murdoch's suggestion, I installed R Studio (2022.02.2
build 485) on my Windows 10 Professional.

When opening R Studio, it showed R 4.2.0 patched, the most recent
version of R I had installed here. As it happens with the standalone R
4.2.0, Dasher did not work with R Studio with that version of R --
please see below what happened.

I unistalled R 4.2.0 patched and also R 4.2.0, so then my latest version
of R was R 4.1.3 patched. This was now the version of R that R Studio
used. Dasher also did not work in R Studio with R 4.1.3 patched --
please see below what happened. Please note that the standalone R 4.1.3
patched does work perfectly well with Dasher.

What happens in R Studio with both R 4.2.0 patched and R 4.1.3 patched:
when I open R studio and start writing with Dasher, the first character
that I write is now the character that always appears on the R Studio
console, no matter what other characters I am commanding with Dasher.
For R Studio, strangely, Dasher seems to be stuck in the first character.

For example, if I wish to write a plot command in R Studio, the first
Dasher "p" is accepted by R Studio, but the next "lot" appears on the R
Studio console as "ppp". This is is contrast with what happens with
Dasher on R 4.2.0, where, except for the "Enter" character, no other
character is accepted by R 4.2.0, the R 4.2.0 screen just does not
respond to Dasher.

Both in R 4.2.0 and in R Studio, the "Enter" character of Dasher work
well, it makes the R prompt to jump to the next line.

So, Dasher does not work with R Studio either, but in a different way
than it happens with R 4.2.0.

Regards,

Paulo Barata

Paulo Barata
Rua Almirante Alexandrino 1808 apt. 102
Santa Teresa
20241-263  Rio de Janeiro - RJ

Paulo Barata
Sub-Síndico - Condomínio do Edifício Dois Irmãos
Rua Almirante Alexandrino 1808 - Santa Teresa

E-mail: pb using infolink.com.br