[Rd] Writing in R // R 4.2.0 on Windows doesn't work with Dasher

Sun May 15 19:24:05 CEST 2022

On 15/05/2022 1:09 p.m., Paulo Barata wrote:

> Following Mr. Murdoch's suggestion, I installed R Studio (2022.02.2
> build 485) on my Windows 10 Professional.
>
> When opening R Studio, it showed R 4.2.0 patched, the most recent
> version of R I had installed here. As it happens with the standalone R
> 4.2.0, Dasher did not work with R Studio with that version of R --
> please see below what happened.

That's too bad.  Still, there are other front ends:

- Running Rterm in a command window.

- R in Visual Studio Code

- ESS in Emacs

- Others whose names I don't remember; not sure how active any of them
are these days.

And finally, if you are really desperate, I believe dasher runs on other
platforms besides Windows, i.e. Linux and MacOS.

Duncan Murdoch