[Rd] Writing in R // R 4.2.0 on Windows doesn't work with Dasher

Mon May 16 11:04:16 CEST 2022

On 15/05/2022 6:28 p.m., Paulo Barata wrote:

> Mr. Murdoch,
>
> Two pieces of open source software that do work with Dasher 5.0.0 beta
> in Direct Entry mode, on Windows 10:
>
> ---------
>
> Apache Open Office 4.1.2 (32-bit Windows application) -- I tried the
> Open Office Writer, a Microsoft Word equivalent:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
>
> Source code here:
>
> https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html
>
> ---------
>
> Notepad++ 8.4.1 (64-bit Windows application / text editor):
>
> https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/v8.4.1/
>
> Source code here:
>
> https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus

That's very helpful, for two reasons.

1.  Maybe Notepad++ can replace Rgui as an environment for you to work
in, since it claims to support R.  I've never used it, so I don't know
exactly what level of support is offered, but maybe it's enough for your
needs at least in the short term.

2.  Others who may be planning to fix Rgui can see how it handles input
coming from dasher, and get Rgui to do the same thing.

Duncan Murdoch