[Rd] Writing in R // R 4.2.0 on Windows doesn't work with Dasher

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Mon May 16 13:12:53 CEST 2022

I use Notepad++ all the time. Last time I tried to install the plug-in
which lets you run R my anti-virus complained so I abandoned at that
point but Paulo's experience may be different and it was a few years ago
so the plug-in or my anti-virus may have changed since (I suspect it was
a false positive).

Michael

On 16/05/2022 10:04, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 15/05/2022 6:28 p.m., Paulo Barata wrote:
>>
>> Mr. Murdoch,
>>
>> Two pieces of open source software that do work with Dasher 5.0.0 beta
>> in Direct Entry mode, on Windows 10:
>>
>> ---------
>>
>> Apache Open Office 4.1.2 (32-bit Windows application) -- I tried the
>> Open Office Writer, a Microsoft Word equivalent:
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
>>
>> Source code here:
>>
>> https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html
>>
>> ---------
>>
>> Notepad++ 8.4.1 (64-bit Windows application / text editor):
>>
>> https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/v8.4.1/
>>
>> Source code here:
>>
>> https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus
>
> That's very helpful, for two reasons.
>
> 1.  Maybe Notepad++ can replace Rgui as an environment for you to work
> in, since it claims to support R.  I've never used it, so I don't know
> exactly what level of support is offered, but maybe it's enough for your
> needs at least in the short term.
>
> 2.  Others who may be planning to fix Rgui can see how it handles input
> coming from dasher, and get Rgui to do the same thing.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html