[R] Clearing graphics history (Windows)

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 24 18:53:02 CET 2002

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Mike Prager wrote:

> Either I am being especially absent-minded today, or setting    .SavedPlots
> <- NULL   does not work as expected.  Am I missing something, or should I
> send this to R-bugs?

Well, first you have to establish that there *is* a bug in R rather than
in your expectations.  All the clear menu does is

    gsetVar(install(".SavedPlots"), R_NilValue, R_NilValue);

which sets .SavedPlots to NULL in base.  So you may need

> assign(".SavedPlots", NULL, "package:base")

You are missing reading src/gnuwin32/devga.c: I was being far too kind in
reading it for you.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk