[R] How to list functions in a library?

Prof. Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 09:47:24 CEST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Ko-Kang Kevin Wang wrote:

> Which library is it?  If it is a proper R library and has been properly
> installed, I think you should be able to do something like:
>   library(help = ts) # Get the list of functions in ts package
>
> In fact that will also show some information about the library itself.

Alternatively,

ls("package:ts")

will list all the objects in the package (I presume package and not
library was meant: a library is a directory holding installed packages).

If you really want to know about the functions (and not all objects) in a
package try

lsf.str("package:ts")

which gives the call sequences too.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk