[R] Shafer's MI software for S-plus

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 17:31:36 CEST 2003

On 01-Apr-03 Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> I have an R port of MIX, but it is not 100% reliable. However, neither
> is the S-PLUS original!  (We have found several bugs already.)
>
> When I have a few spare days (if ever?) I will try again.  We got
> enough to work for the project we needed it for.  Meanwhile,
>
> http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/mix_1.0-1.tar.gz
>
> has the current state.

Thanks, Brian! I'll see how it goes on the somewhat recalcitrant dataset
I'm looking at, and report back on anything interesting.

However, you gave the wrong URL: not found there, but I eventually found
my way to

  http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/R/mix_1.0-1.tar.gz

Further: Is there a pointer to a list of the bugs found?

Thanks again, and best wishes.
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 01-Apr-03                                       Time: 16:31:36