[R] Charts to M$Word - what's the best format

David Brahm brahm at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 15 15:31:37 CEST 2003

Patrick Connolly <p.connolly at hortresearch.co.nz> replied:
> I'm a little surprised that the bitmap function hasn't come up in this
> discussion.  Its default res argument is too small... conversion of grey
> lines are somewhat unsatisfactory...

My magic line for exporting graphs from R on Solaris to PowerPoint on WinNT is:
   bitmap("myfile.png", type="png16m", height=8.5, width=11, res=300)

(The type="png16m" argument may help with the grey line problem.)  Good luck.
--
                              -- David Brahm (brahm at alum.mit.edu)