[R] good source for explaining input and output parameters of R functions

Roger Peng rpeng at stat.ucla.edu
Thu Apr 17 02:40:50 CEST 2003

If certain elements returned by a function are not documented, they are
unlikely to be of much use to the user.  In particular, the help page for
surf.ls() says:

Value:

     list with components

    beta: the coefficients

       x:

       y:

       z: and others for internal use only.

So there are other elements returned but they are only used for internal
computations or whatever.  The user will likely not need them or even be
able to use them intelligently.

If you really want to know what all of the returned values are, the best
place to look is the source code.

-roger
UCLA Department of Statistics
http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~rpeng