[R] good source for explaining input and output parameters of R functions

Prof Brian D Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 24 15:07:51 CEST 2003

1) surf.ls is not part of R: it is in package spatial.

2) Its help page does explain *4* fields in the value, and says

       `and others for internal use only.'

That means what it says: they are not for use by you, and hence not
documented.

I think you have unrealistic expectations: my uncredited software was
written to support a book (see its DESCRIPTION file), and the *book* does
explain how it works. All you need to do is to buy the book ... or read the
sources, as R is Open Source and that package is GPL-ed.