[R] R 1.7.0 Windows binary build released

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Mon Apr 21 20:29:11 CEST 2003

Malagoli
>Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 1:00 PM
>To: r-announce at stat.math.ethz.ch
>Subject: [R] R 1.7.0 Windows binary build released
>

>FYI, I installed R.1.7.0 on my WinXP laptop and I am
>getting an unspecified error when starting Rgui that
>prevents it from working. You may have received this
>notice already.
>
>- Andrea Malagoli

Andrea,

When you say "unspecified error", does that mean that R just won't
startup or are you getting a particular error message or some other
symptom(s) that can help us help you?

I am running R 1.7.0 on a WinXP Pro laptop without problem.

Also, for future reference, this type of message should be posted to
r-help (r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch), not to r-announce.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz