[R] Quick query on output

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Apr 23 09:39:55 CEST 2003

SamL wrote:
> I am attempting to estimate a very complex glmmPQL model.  I have
> (apparently) gotten working syntax.  But, I don't want to wait a long time
> only to find I have not made the correct syntax to see the output.  So,
> what I've written is:
>
> EXCERPT FROM COMMAND FILE:
>
> glmmPQL(plfp ~ -1 + bmrd4 + bmsd4 + wmrd4 + wmsd4 + bfrd4 + bfsd4 +
>              wfrd4 + wfsd4 + y4yrsed + y4age + y4age2,
>         data=PLFPANAL,
>         random=~ bm4 + wm4 + bf4 + wf4 | state,
>         family=binomial,
>         weights=wt1)
>
> summary(fm1)

> END OF EXCERPT FROM COMMAND FILE
>
> I bet the "suummary(fm1)" line is wrong, it was apparently a holdover from
> some other code I tried to emulate.  At any rate, what do I do to get the
> output?  Have I done enough?  Is something else required?  Assistance or
> reassurance greatly appreciated!

I don't get the point. You don't want to wait a long time --- for R to
finish or reading the manuals or ...?
What about trying with small exmaple data at first? There is much
literature around with example code, at least for similar problems.

Anyway, you might want to assign the results of your computations to a
variable:
   mycalcs <- glmmPQL(plfp .....)
then you can print the object:
   mycalcs # or print(mycalcs)