[R] "Missing links": Hmisc and Design docs

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Thu Apr 24 10:51:28 CEST 2003

Hi folks,

Using R Version 1.6.2  (2003-01-10)
on    SuSE Linux 7.2,
I just installed Hmisc_1.5-3.tar.gz and Design_1.1-5.tar.gz
These were taken from
   http://hesweb1.med.virginia.edu/biostat/s/library/r

Checked the dependencies:

Hmisc: grid, lattice, mva, acepack -- all already installed

Design: Hmisc, survival -- survival already installed, so
        installed Hmisc first

All seems to go well till the "help" docs are compiled,
whereupon I get several reports of "missing links", as below
(where I omit cases with no such reports). I can't recall
seeing "missing links" when installing other libraries.

Two questions:
1. Have I overlooked something here, which I should have done?
2. Do these "missing links" matter?

Or is this simply a manifestation of Frank Harrell's comment, on the
above site, that "I still have not had time to fix details in the
documentation that will allow R CMD check to be passed, which would
allow me to submit the libraries to CRAN."

If that is the explanation, then I withdraw all the rest of this, with
sincere thanks to Frank for generating these packages and making them
available (and with experience-based sympathy for the task of getting
such details right!).

With thanks, and best wishes to all,
Ted.

Misc:
=====
  abs.error.pred                    text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  ols validate.ols
  aregImpute                        text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  mice
  bootkm                            text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  Survival.cph Quantile.cph
  data.frame.create.modify.check    text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  hist.data.frame merge.levels
  dataRep                           text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  crosstabs
  deff                              text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  bootcov robcov
  impute                            text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  na.include
  labcurve                          text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  key
  mtitle                            text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  pstamp
  panel.bpplot                      text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  trellis
  plsmo                             text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  trellis
  ps.slide                          text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  win.slide fig mgp.axis.labels pdf.graph
  rcspline.eval                     text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  Design.trans
  rcspline.plot                     text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  lrm cph lrm.fit
  rcspline.restate                  text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  Design.trans
  reShape                           text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  crosstabs
  rm.boot                           text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  lm.fit.qr Design bootcov rm.impute
  scat1d                            text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  plot.Design nomogram.Design hist.data.frame
                       datadensity.plot.Design
  spower                            text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  cph
  summary.formula                   text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  crosstabs trellis lattice
  sys                               text    html    latex
     missing link(s):  dos
  transace                          text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  ols validate predab.resample nomogram
  transcan                          text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  mice
  upData                            text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  importData exportData timeDate format.timeDate
  varclus                           text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  na.pattern
  xYplot                            text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  trellis error.bar axis.time
  sas.get                           text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  sas.contents sas.datasets timeDate format.timeDate

Design:
=======
  cph                               text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  validate.Design calibrate.Design
  gendata                           text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  data.ed ed using.X
  latex.Design                      text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  print.latex
  lrm                               text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  latex.lrm
  ols                               text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  validate.Design latex.ols
  pentrace                          text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  nlminb
  plot.Design                       text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  key matxv survest key mgp.axis.labels win.slide
     gs.slide
  pphsm                             text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  print.pphsm
  print.cph                         text    html    latex
     missing link(s):  print.cphfit print.coxreg
  print.cph.fit                     text    html    latex
     missing link(s):  print.coxreg
  psm                               text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  survest
  summary.Design                    text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  confbar
  survplot                          text    html    latex   example
     missing link(s):  survest key mgp.axis.labels win.slide gs.slide

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 24-Apr-03                                       Time: 09:51:28