[R] Newbie graphing questions

Francisco J. Bido bido at mac.com
Thu Aug 28 00:28:04 CEST 2003

Hi everyone.  R is new to me and I'm very impressed with its
capabilities but still cannot figure out how to do some basic things.
There seems to be no lack of documentation but finding what I need has
proven difficult.  Perhaps you can help.

Here's what I'm after:

1.  How do I create a new plot without erasing the prior one i.e., have
a new window pop up with the new graph? I'm on MacOSX using the Carbon
port.

2.  How do I pause between plot renderings i.e., in such a way that it
will draw the subsequent graph after pressing the space bar (or any
other key).

3.  Illustrating critical regions.  Say I wanted to illustrate the
critical region of a standard normal.  I would need to draw a vertical
line from the critical point to the curve and then shade the critical
region.  How do I do this in R?

Thanks!
-Francisco