[R] how to call a C program from R function

Martin Olivier martin at lirmm.fr
Thu Aug 28 17:41:37 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I would like to call a C program from R function. I tried to use the
.C() function
without success. I need a very simple example (such as the hello
program) to understand
how it works. Could you give a  such example?
(I use the  1.7.1 Version of R with linux)

Does it work in the case of a C++ program instead of a C programm?

Best regards,
Olivier

Martin Olivier
INRA - Unité protéomique           LIRMM - IFA/MAB
2, Place Viala                     161, rue Ada
F-34060 Montpellier Cédex 1        34392 Montpellier Cédex 5

Tel : 04 99 61 26 02               Tel : O4 67 41 86 71
martinol at ensam.inra.fr