[R] Scatter Plot Matrix

Donna Floyd ddfloyd at qwest.net
Thu Dec 11 19:55:03 CET 2003

I am researching the origin and use of the "scatter plot matrix" or
"scatter matrix."

A common event with the normal scatter diagram is the overlaying of
points, given that one (x,y) pair exists and that each (x,y) point
plotted exists at the same point.  What I am wondering is if it is
possible to expand the (x,y) area to form a larger cell, such that
each point plotted would exist distinctly within the larger area.
In the example, each dot represents an (x,y) point that exists
within the bounded area of the (x,y) pair

This possibility allows each point plotted to be distinctly
recognized.

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Donna D. Floyd
USA