[R] mailing list for basic questions - preliminary sum up

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Dec 17 19:59:37 CET 2003

Barry Rowlingson <B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> writes:

>> But this is a lot of work to set up.  I'd rather take small
>> steps.  I do plan to look into phpbb as an alternative to
>> bazookaboard*, but not today, and probably not tomorrow.  So if
>> things proceed without me, so be it.
>>

>   Or set up a server running Zope and Plone, and then you can have
>   wikis, boards, news, events - a real R portal in fact - and have a
>   single sign-on for all of it. XHTML compliant and all that. Free and
>   open-source.
>
>   Bit of a setup and admin overhead though, but the permissions system
>   allows admin to be distributed over trusted users.

Only initially.

I've been a fan of Zope (and ZWiki, and Plone) for years.  We are
running a variant in my lab as a prototype, it'll encompass R as well
as the ESS homepage at somepoint soon.

Tres cool...

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}